OhioLINK Acceptable Use Policy
AUTHORIZED USERS: Students, faculty, staff, and walk-in library
users of participating Ohio academic institutions.
- This database is available for individual educational and
- You may search this database and
view the results of your searches on screen.
- You may print a copy of any record retrieved as a
result of your search.
- Generally, you may store on floppy disk or hard
drive any record retrieved as part of your search, and later display it
on screen or print it on paper.
Examples of prohibited uses:
- You may not systematically transmit (either on paper or
electronically) content from this database to anyone not involved in
education or research at an OhioLINK institution.
- You may not use the database for commercial purposes.
Allowed uses for the Electronic Journal Center:
- Reserves: There are no restrictions within
authorized uses on the storage and printing of articles among
authorized users. Placement in local electronic reserve files and
bookmarking from course web sites is allowed.
- Course Packs: Inclusion of electronically-based
articles in locally distributed print course packs is allowed.
- Sharing with non-authorized users: Non-systematic
sharing of articles by authorized users with non-authorized users is
This database is provided by purchase or lease through the Ohio
Library and Information Network (OhioLINK). Use of this database is
governed by the terms and conditions of the license agreement between
OhioLINK and the database producer. OhioLINK reserves the right to
prohibit any use of the database which has adverse effects on use of
the system by other users. The points above offer general guidelines
for acceptable use of licensed databases. If you have further
questions, please contact